Sulcata bladder stone

FLemko

Location (City and/or State)
Jakarta
i had xray my baby sulcata (5-6cm) and there are stones inside of it. What kind of treatment can i give to this baby. I already keep for 6 months. The vet that i went not recommend for any operation because the size is too small. Thanks before

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Really minimize protein content in the diet now.

Do everything to increase hydration - clean water always available, and 30 minute + daily soaks in warm water.

Feed some items like cactus, dandelion, and even some cucumber to loosen up and facilitate "pooping"!

If it's a small stone it should pass with good bowel movement. In sulcatas, these are most always a result of just too much protein in the diet and not dumping their water load frequently to keep the density of the uric acid down and not start precipitating and starting stones. You are lucky to have caught this while the stone is small.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Awww, sorry to hear your baby sully is sick. If he is acting normal: active, eating well, drinking, pee/poo normal, just SOAK, SOAK, SOAK!!! Mark said daily, I’d say double that! Twice a day! Bath water temp between 95-105F, keep your temp gun handy to check it. And the diet just as Mark said: add cactus, aloe to each feeding until you see a nice soft poo in his bath water at least once a day. I too hope that once you get his gut going on good schedule you have a chance of him passing it. Now, remember, passing those will probably be very painful for this baby, so help him by being extremely diligent in his care for the weeks to come, and be patient. You CAN help your tort to get well again.