Sulcata ate Rubber Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

aka2tal

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
We found our 3 year old Sulcata chewing on a small rubber bouncy ball like you find in the coin machines. He chewed half of it. He appears to be eating some romaine ok. Anybody have any suggestions? I was going to feed him some and give him a good soaking. Any thoughts?

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Louisiana
i was going to suggest the soak. and i think as long as he isnt acting like he is gasping for air then he isn't choking. i dont know about the rest of the digestive process though.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
hmmm check with a Vet.. but I would think having his eat some food to maybe bind with it and help push it thru ??
Let us know how he does!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It takes a while for it to reach the "other end." As long as he's eating and not acting stressed, its probably going to be ok. Try adding foods that help them poop...cactus, pumpkin, aloe.

Yvonne

aka2tal

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thanks. I will soak him and give him some succulents. He seems to be okay, but may check with the vet on Tuesday when he is in. Anybody know the length of time it will take to go through a 3 year olds system? Will the poop bounce with the rubber in it? (Sorry had to make a joke)

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi...I would suggest getting a can of 100% pumpkin (no spices) from Walmart in the pie fillings section. Scoop some onto a soup spoon & offer it to him. He can eat 2 or 3 spoonfulls every other day. It is full of fiber, so will push what ever is in his stomach out faster. Make sure to soak him in warm water for about 20-30 minutes daily until it passes. Let us know when is passes
Good luck
Patsy

aka2tal

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Sorry, have not been able to give everyone a update.

We have soaked him daily, and it is making him poop. It was a yellow bouncing ball, about a inch in diameter. I have only a small piece that has come out. Hopefully he will poop more in the next coming days. I will keep you updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.