Suki, Suki, Suki.......

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Last year. Maybe two years ago, I posted about my very strange little dog, Suki.
One day she just stopped eating the food that she'd always eaten and afterwards I started making her own food...
Then she all of the sudden wouldn't drink her water. And she got very dehydrated. I tried different bowls. Different colors, shapes and sizes. Different materials. Even two that were fountains. I eventually found that she'd only drink water from a certain type of bowl. And only if I (or my wife) held the bowl in my hand.
This is still the only way she'll drink to this day.
Four days ago. I noticed that she only ate half of her special food and for the last 3 days has not eaten and she will not eat from that area of the kitchen. Or from any bowl or any plate on the kitchen floor. She'll cry and take a few trembling steps towards it. Then run away like some invisible force chased her.
I've tried placing her special food in her special bowl other places in the house. Nothing.
You guessed it....She is only willing to eat from my hand now. In a chair. On the couch. In the bed. And she eats just fine. Hard things. Soft things. No issues.
She officially now only drinks or eats if we hand feed her.
She is absolutely "special".

SuzanneZ

Georgetown
Last year. Maybe two years ago, I posted about my very strange little dog, Suki.
One day she just stopped eating the food that she'd always eaten and afterwards I started making her own food...
Then she all of the sudden wouldn't drink her water. And she got very dehydrated. I tried different bowls. Different colors, shapes and sizes. Different materials. Even two that were fountains. I eventually found that she'd only drink water from a certain type of bowl. And only if I (or my wife) held the bowl in my hand.
This is still the only way she'll drink to this day.
Four days ago. I noticed that she only ate half of her special food and for the last 3 days has not eaten and she will not eat from that area of the kitchen. Or from any bowl or any plate on the kitchen floor. She'll cry and take a few trembling steps towards it. Then run away like some invisible force chased her.
I've tried placing her special food in her special bowl other places in the house. Nothing.
You guessed it....She is only willing to eat from my hand now. In a chair. On the couch. In the bed. And she eats just fine. Hard things. Soft things. No issues.
She officially now only drinks or eats if we hand feed her.
She is absolutely "special".
Oh, honey, and I mean the dog. She has me in tears.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Zeropilot. Really. What I totally get from all that you said, is that you guys are absolutely good people with a very special kind of love for that little dog. And she totally knows it!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
She ate some of her regular, specially prepared food from a new plate that I mixed up some cut up prime rib into in a new spot in the living room. I left a trail of cut up meat going towards the plate and she very slowly and deliberately ate the food. But she kept standing there very strangely. Like she was expecting something

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
You are such a good person, Ed. ❤️
You are a Toasted Marshmallow, for sure: all hard and crusty on the outside, but sweet and soft in the inside!
Thanks Bea.
We made a compromise and now she eats her food in a new area of the house. Closer to the livingroom.
I'm currently in Georgia and I won't be back until Saturday. I'm hoping that she'll behave for Kelly