Suicide jumper

Learning123

Location (City and/or State)
Riverview
so my sulcata is a daredevil and he's or she is driving me nuts. I'm now working on getting him a rail made. He loves to jump off his "platform" we've made for him to walk up to have more walking. He loves jumping off the top of it. Well sliding down. He'll stick his front arms out first then scoot himself off the top. Once I moved his water bowl to where he was sliding down at he wont jump there anymore. Now instead he leaps off his ramp. He'll walk half way then slide off the side. ? no real point to the post just letting you know I have to make renovations. 20200928_191938.jpg20201002_150522.jpg

AZGirl

Arizona
so my sulcata is a daredevil and he's or she is driving me nuts. I'm now working on getting him a rail made. He loves to jump off his "platform" we've made for him to walk up to have more walking. He loves jumping off the top of it. Well sliding down. He'll stick his front arms out first then scoot himself off the top. Once I moved his water bowl to where he was sliding down at he wont jump there anymore. Now instead he leaps off his ramp. He'll walk half way then slide off the side. ? no real point to the post just letting you know I have to make renovations. View attachment 307894View attachment 307895
What is that substrate you have there??

He/she’s a cutie. Hmmm, talk therapy? ?

Learning123

Riverview
What is that substrate you have there??

He/she’s a cutie. Hmmm, talk therapy? ?

We have reptibark and a little moss. I've been told to be careful with moss because they eat it and can cause problems with their insides. But he hasn't showed any interest in eating he loves the smell and he'll sleep on the moss. But once I see him even nibble on it im taking it out.

Lol i have kids so trust me we had a talk. Lol I tell him no and move him or pick him up and tell him not to do that.

That picture is actually from his temporary home when we first got him. This was an issue.
20200916_120534.jpg

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Great snap hanging off the box lol! One to keep when it grows and you have other problems with size and strength. I removed all climbing objects during hatchling stage for similar reasons and now gravity takes over and climbing is hard and toppling less! Enjoy your charge.