Suggestions in keeping 2 redfoots together

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmojorisin

5 Year Member
Hey! new to this forum. Just moved in with my fiancé and his parents, they have a redfoot and mine is about 1-1 1/2 years old. My tortoise (mojo) is a lot larger. I'm confused if they can be kept together. They have been feeling each other out since last night. They did a little head bobbing, and havent really paid anymore attention to each other. Can anyone tell me if I should keep them apart? ImageUploadedByTortForum1377799333.895456.jpg in the photo mojo is on the left and Cobi is on the right. I also think they may be too young to tell the sex but I can post more pictures later.

Last edited by a moderator:

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I keep three together with no problems . I also keep them outside in a 20/20 foot pen with hides and plants . But in the winter I keep them in a box that is 10/10 . So just keep an eye out for bullying. Red foots often live together in the wild .

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
RFs are generally less combative than some species, but that is no guarantee. I would house them separately, or get a third. Pair dynamics are often problematic.

TommyZ

5 Year Member
From what ive read and seen people say, pairs can be an issue, usually it is recommended to have 3+ together. Being that one is bigger than the other, it may bully the smaller one. IMO, add a 3rd tort, :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TortForum mobile app

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
They may get along just fine. Monitor their behavior before considering changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.