Suddenly Lazy Baby Hermann's

HoneyBea23

Location (City and/or State)
Ontario
Hi there!

I am wondering if I could get some advice on my 9 month old Hermann's tortoise. Over the past week or so, I have noticed that they have been tucking in for the night earlier and earlier -- it used to be around 9:30pm and its gradually reduced to a current 1:30pm. Nothing else in their Zoomed tortoise house has changed although I had moved it to a smaller room to house their enclosure, just dedicated to them. When they are roaming, they don't move as quickly as they used to, and generally are not as curious and active. Any further advice or information would be greatly appreciated!

Basking spot = 37 degrees C
Cooler side = 23 degrees C
Nighttime temperatures = 21-23 degrees C
Diet = mache leaves, grassland tortoise diet, cat grass
Size = 7.2cm
Weight = 45g
***Daily soaks for 15-20 minutes***

Suey

England
Hi I have Russian tortoises, they are older than yours but I don’t think that makes that much difference. Mine most days are tucked up in bed between 3 30pm and 5pm. Hope this helps.

HoneyBea23

Ontario
Hi I have Russian tortoises, they are older than yours but I don’t think that makes that much difference. Mine most days are tucked up in bed between 3 30pm and 5pm. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the response! The only issue is that if he goes to sleep even around 2:30pm, he's there the entire night until 8:30am the next morning, whereas he used to be active most of the day.

Suey

England
Well I have a Male and female, kept separate, they have very different personalities. Charlie is very active whereas Alice is very laid back and sometimes goes to sleep earlier than 3 30pm, I don’t know if it’s a gender thing or that’s just how she is. Alice is 6yrs old and Charlie is 5yr old.