Sudden death

Tony the Tort42

Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Honestly I’m not going to try again because another living being should die because I don’t know what I’m doing. I’ll leave it up to the experts.
Hey, it wasnt your fault. If you do ever want to try again, rest assured that you can get a healthy tort and great advice from people here. Im very sorry for your loss. If you do end up getting a new one, we will support you to make sure he grows up to be a happy healthy tortoise.

Quadro

SC
Honestly I’m not going to try again because another living being should die because I don’t know what I’m doing. I’ll leave it up to the experts.
Sorry to hear that ? I wouldn’t give up more than likely it wasn’t your fault. Honestly I know from experience pet stores use several different suppliers for all reptiles or animals basically all they do is buy from a supplier which they are the middle man they buy from breeders then they in turn resell so those pets go through a lot of stress if you do decide to buy i would go with a reputable breeder on here . Also people impulse buy and surrender pets ALL the time so you then have resales that may or may not have been taken care of .

Rianne

The Villages, Florida
It usually takes a long time for a turtle/tortoise to die from illness or malnutrition. Petco is at fault, not you. Bring a picture of the dead tortoise along with the receipt ( or the body) and demand a full refund.

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
So sorry for your loss. Please don't blame yourself, and I hope one day you can have a better experience with a tortoise