Succulent identification:

seiff

Bought these at Home Depot assuming the tags would give an id. I've been searching all morning with nothing conclusive since there are just sooo many closely related plants!

And help would be much appreciated... they seem pretty common.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420985925.477231.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420985949.726567.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420985964.393378.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Iochroma

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Francisco
First one is an Echevaria very close to E. agavoides . Second one looks like an Echeveria hybrid. Third is Sedum nussbaumerianum. None are dangerously toxic, but remember that commercially-grown plants are doused with pesticides and fungicides, and should not be fed to animals.

seiff

I realized the whole pesticide thing when researching the safety... it was just driving me nuts! I'm going to take these and see if I can propagate and grow food in my lizard (ackie) enclosure. House plants do really well in there and I could end up with a long term food source if I play my cards right! That tank's got organic bio active soil, so as long as the beetles and ants don't bother the succulents I should be home free!

Thanks!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
ACKIES???? WHAT??? Where is the thread on your lizards? I am formally requesting here in writing that you do a complete and detailed thread on your Ackies and their enclosure. I wanna know all about the soil, feeding strategy, plants, etc... The works. And lots of pics too!!! There is a lizard subforum over in the "Other Pets" forum.

I love all the varanids, and have been contemplating ackies for years. I've kept many of the giants in the past, but these little guys have been a subject of study for a few years now. I've certainly got enough roaches to feed them. :)

Reds or Yellows?

Sorry I'm no help with the succulents, but you are in excellent hands with Iochroma. Nobody here knows more about plants.