Subspecies ID

counting

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Canada
Hi all!
Back in the spring I got a 10 week old hatchling. Based on some pictures I provided, they were IDed as a terrestris/Ibera intergrade.

Now at 7 months old, they look like a completely different animal. Rich orange colouring, a very round rather than squared shell shape, and they also never developed thigh spurs.

I have added some pictures taken today. Does the original ID still stand? I can take more pictures/angles if needed. I will add a picture of when I recieved Atlas in the comments.

@HermanniChris
@SweetGreekTorts

20191021_165102.jpg 20191021_170831.jpg 20191021_170934.jpg 20191021_170858.jpg

counting

5 Year Member
Canada
inCollage_20191021_170027732.jpg How Atlas has developed over the past few months

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
I'm still sticking with the original ID that Chris and I suggested, the terrestris/ibera mix.

Looking great! Nice growth.

counting

5 Year Member
Canada
I'm still sticking with the original ID that Chris and I suggested, the terrestris/ibera mix.

Looking great! Nice growth.

Just double checking since they changed WAY more than I was expecting!!

I'm very pleased with the quality of Atlas' growth. I feel like they look great!

I actually spoke to the breeder today. He has a breeding colony of seven individuals. Some of the animals have the normal expected thick spurs and some have a "barely identifiable thick spot of skin where the spurs would normally be found". So I am guessing the spur less ness is an inherited trait from Atlas' parents.