strawberries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortguy521

5 Year Member
Hi can red foots eat strawberry leaves from a young strawberry plant even if there are no strawberries on it because i got a strawberry plant thats still little and has no strawberries and i want to put it in my red foot enclosure and i know there going to eat some of it so is it ok put in now?.

thanks

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
The thing is that if they like it, they will eat it to the roots and it will never have berries. I would recommend keeping it out until it is big enough to get nibbled heavily and survive.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Mine will not eat the leaves but I can guarantee they will trample the plant into the ground. I suggest you plant it out of the reach of them.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I have wild strawberry plants growing all over my Cherries enclosure, and he never eats the plants. He never even eats the strawberries, until they fall off the plant and are really ripe. The only thing about strawberry plants, is that they can become invasive. Every Spring I have to pull out so many....like weeds.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Another thing to beware of if you just bought or acquired this plant--plants from nurseries unless specifically marked are not organic--they will have chemicals. I would wait 6 months to feed from such plants due the systemic chemicals (replanting it will not cure the problem).

Status
Not open for further replies.