Strange breathing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortmanbryan

5 Year Member
Hi there recently I changed my redfoots enclosure to a viv from an open top table. Howeve since the change(start of jan 2012) her breathing has turned into a squeaky noise all the time. She is still active and eats like a pig and her nose and eyes are clear and bright. Am I worrying about nothing or is there possibly an underlying respiratory problem ? Like I say I've had her 3-4 years and not until i put her into the viv has the squeaky breathing started. Her temps are 32-35c under the basking CHE and hot end and the cooler end varies from 26-30c depending on room temp. Humidity is always above 65% also. Can anyone advise me on this issue, any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Bryan

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Since there is no discharge and appetite is still good I wold imagine your RF may just have something stuck and maybe trying to dislodge it. If the appetite changes and or discharge starts coming from the nose and or mouth then a vet visit will be required/

Tortmanbryan

5 Year Member
Ok will keep an eye on it. I was considering swapping back to an open top table for a few days to see if that helped do you think that would be a wise idea?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I don't think it will make a difference. what ever you feel comfortable with.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
I had a tort of a similar age and he wheezed a bit when he breathed as well. Nothing I tried seemed to change it, but it went away when he was outside, and never seemed to develop anything from it.

DAV46

5 Year Member
I have 4 redfoots and one of my older males has always made a weezing noise. Much more apparent when inside of course due to the enlosed walls. the others dont make this noise and he has been doing it for years with no issues. I kind of like it now because he can't sneak up on me hahah!

Status
Not open for further replies.