Stool

Eeyore527

Location (City and/or State)
Orange ca
I got my Hermanns Tortoise hatchling approximately 2 weeks ago. I have seen firm stool a few times in its habitat but when soaking daily it will usually go to the bathroom and it is not firm looks more like the Coco Coir substrate I have in the enclosure is what it looks like to me. It is active , eats mainly Dandelions and the flowers, clovers a few time and I have given it a piece of radicchio broken up and some Hibiscus petals. It is fed on a piece of Slate so I do not think it is eating the substrate as I just changed it to a mixture of ReptiBark and EcoEarth.
Just wonder if this is normal or am I soaking too often?

waswondering

Arizona
I got my Hermanns Tortoise hatchling approximately 2 weeks ago. I have seen firm stool a few times in its habitat but when soaking daily it will usually go substrate I have in the enclosure is what it looks like to me. It is active , eats mainly Dandelions and the flowers, clovers a few time and I have given it a piece of radicchio broken up and some Hibiscus petals. It is fed on a piece of Slate so I do not think it is eating the substrate as I just changed it to a mixture of ReptiBark and EcoEarth.
Just wonder if this is normal or am I soaking too often?
I'm not an expert but this does seem fine. What's the humidity and temperature of the enclosure? Dose it have a hide? Also I suggest just using EcoEarth as a substrate for babys. The ReptiBark is for old tortoise. I dont know much about hermanns, hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime it.

Eeyore527

Orange ca
I'm not an expert but this does seem fine. What's the humidity and temperature of the enclosure? Dose it have a hide? Also I suggest just using EcoEarth as a substrate for babys. The ReptiBark is for old tortoise. I dont know much about hermanns, hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime it.
The temp stays between 85-95 degrees ,not sure of the humidity but i do spray the enclosure down each morning and sometimes late afternoon as my house is warm also. It does have a hide and like to burrow down under the substrate. It is fairly active especially after its soak and never realized something so small could eat so much.

waswondering

Arizona
The temp stays between 85-95 degrees ,not sure of the humidity but i do spray the enclosure down each morning and sometimes late afternoon as my house is warm also. It does have a hide and like to burrow down under the substrate. It is fairly active especially after its soak and never realized something so small could eat so much.
Like I said I'm not vary fimalur with herm
Hey, I found this and thought it might be a useful read.https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/sticky-hermanns-tortoise-care-sheet-updated.101410/

I'm not good with hermanns sorry