Stolen Radiated Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barb92083

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi all came home from work today and I have 2 Radiated Tortoise missing one very hi yellow and 7 to 8 inches and one 6.5 inches with minor schell damage in two spots.If anyone sees or hears of someone who might have any info.drop me a line PLEASE In Vista Ca. 760-583-2906 Thanks Barb

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi Barb...If you have a photo of your tort make some flyers & hang them around your area. Somebody who knows the theif, or a parent or spouse of the theif might see it and make it right for you.
Good luck
Patsy

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Or got cold so they are hiding. I would go and talk with all of your neighbors. I will keep you & your torts in my thoughts.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I assume the were outside? Were they there this morning? Dogs? racoons?
Is there enclosure where people can see it ?
That always worries me.. I want to share.. but worry about other kids...

Barb92083

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Laura said:
I assume the were outside? Were they there this morning? Dogs? racoons?
Is there enclosure where people can see it ?
That always worries me.. I want to share.. but worry about other kids...
Hi yes the pens are outside.I dont share any personal info about location.NO one can see the pens they are at the rear of the yard.No access for dogs 30 inches of cinder block wall with rought iron.I think someone was behind the houses and lifted them over the fence.I am waiting for the complex maneger behind my house to check his cameras.Thanks Barb

sushisurf13

10 Year Member!
Huntington Beach, CA
I'm so sorry to hear that. Definately put up some flyers, talk to neighbors, look around REALLY good and keep an eye on Craigslist or your local classfieds. I'll keep my eye on Craigslist too, I'll let you know if I see anything.
I've taken in a couple of stray russians over the years that I've found their owners with flyers. give it a try.
good luck too you and I hope for the best.

Barb92083

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
sushisurf13 said:
I'm so sorry to hear that. Definately put up some flyers, talk to neighbors, look around REALLY good and keep an eye on Craigslist or your local classfieds. I'll keep my eye on Craigslist too, I'll let you know if I see anything.
I've taken in a couple of stray russians over the years that I've found their owners with flyers. give it a try.
good luck too you and I hope for the best.
Thanks everyone I put flyers up last night and will be handing them out door to door tonight

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I am really sorry to hear about your toirtoises :(
Good luck and keep us updated please.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
So sorry to hear about your torts. I take it the cameras didn't show anyone? My thoughts and prayers are with you for their quick return.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's so sad. One of the members of our local turtle club had a similar occurrence: They lived in a house and had a collection of turtles and tortoises in their backyard with a 6' redwood fence. However, the lot behind them was two story apartments and the upstairs tenants had a clear view into the backyard. The club members had a small travel trailer parked alongside their house and when they went on vacation (travel trailer now gone) and came back, all their turtles and tortoises were gone. A neighbor had been left in charge of caring for them, and didn't see anything.

Yvonne

Barb92083

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
emysemys said:
That's so sad. One of the members of our local turtle club had a similar occurrence: They lived in a house and had a collection of turtles and tortoises in their backyard with a 6' redwood fence. However, the lot behind them was two story apartments and the upstairs tenants had a clear view into the backyard. The club members had a small travel trailer parked alongside their house and when they went on vacation (travel trailer now gone) and came back, all their turtles and tortoises were gone. A neighbor had been left in charge of caring for them, and didn't see anything.
Yvonne
WOW I will count my blessings that only 2 are gone.Thanks grim reminder of how so many people want but are not willing to earn.Thanks Barb

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
I hope that you get them back. I don't know what I would do if that happened to me. Good luck.

Jamie

1 Sulcata (Bowser)

www.myspace.com/bowsertortoise

:rolleyes:

james

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
san diego
I live in Escondido, about 15 minutes east of you. I'll be checking Craigslist. I will also put a "wanted" ad for cheap tortoises. See what comes up. Good luck.

tortoise_addict

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I am so sorry that happened to you. People have no respect anymore these days. I hope you get them back. I will keep my eyes peeled.

james

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
san diego
you should also notify the Petco's, and LLL Reptile in O'side and Escondido. I just posted the wanted ad, let's hope someone offers me your tortoises! keeping every finger and toe crossed.

Barb92083

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
james said:
I live in Escondido, about 15 minutes east of you. I'll be checking Craigslist. I will also put a "wanted" ad for cheap tortoises. See what comes up. Good luck.

Thank-you James I have photo ID of the 2 torts.

pebbles mom

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Sussex, WI
oh goodness! those poor babes :( I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and for them!

james

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
san diego
Any luck? I've only had offers for snapping turtles, and Sulcatas.

Status
Not open for further replies.