Still looking for a home

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Are you looking to adopt out or find a new owner for an animal?
I'm in South Florida and I've only encountered "fake" rescues that actually just buy or "adopt" and then sell the same animal for a profit.
There are some great keepers/members here locally that raise and keep a lot of different species.

Eileen Turpin

I don't want any money I just want a good home, real home not somewhere just to sell off to another.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Eileen: I believe Zero was asking for more info. Did you find a turtle? Are you looking to re-home a turtle? Have you tried to find the turtle's owner? We'd like a bit more info.

Eileen Turpin

Oh I am in condo and I have asked I was afraid someone just freed him, he's not wild I am attaching a pic he's adorable, if I can not find a taker I will keep him, can you tell what he is I have a Hermann

Rue

Canada
Do you have a nice clear picture or two? One of his carapace and one of his plastron would be great to see.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We'll have to see a better picture than your avatar (if that's the tortoise you're talking about).

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ok, for a little more clarification, I THINK that Eileen has found a turtle/tortoise and she's trying to find out what species it is. She already has a Hermanns tortoise, so she knows that this new animal is NOT a hermanns.

So, Eileen - please post a picture of the found turtle/tortoise, and we'll help you find out what species it is.

Eileen Turpin

He is very blocky, loves lettuce and carrots
Ok, for a little more clarification, I THINK that Eileen has found a turtle/tortoise and she's trying to find out what species it is. She already has a Hermanns tortoise, so she knows that this new animal is NOT a hermanns.

So, Eileen - please post a picture of the found turtle/tortoise, and we'll help you find out what species it is.
You are correct, thank you.

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Do you know how to post a picture so that we can help you identify the species? And congrats, great job rescuing him!

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
They are both one in the same. Just different names for the same tortoise. There are a few subspecies but I can't really distinguish them yet.

Eileen Turpin

Ok now that we got this settled I am still looking for a So. Fla rescue, He bullies my Hermanns and I can't afford to maintain two habitats, as it is my Hermans paces.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Wow!!! He's a cutie!! I hope you find a great rescue place. I would love to take him (I live in Florida too) but I can't afford to take care of two right now. :( Tell me when you find him a good home!