Start of Oso's new outdoor enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshleyJones

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, AZ
We (my husband:D) are building Oso a outdoor home. Here is the start of it. My husband is at the store now getting the stuff to build a house and the top. :D We are going to put organic soil in it and plant all kinds of grass and weeds for him!

IMAG0591.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AshleyJones

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
I figure its a good start and it should last him awhile since he is still really tiny.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Well if the enclosure doesn't work out for your tortoise, we know where you can put your baby :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
So Karson is a carrot top :cool: :D does that come from Mom or Dad? Looks like Karson is a big help around the place, too. Looking good so far.

AshleyJones

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
Karson gets the red hair from both sides. My mom has red hair and my brother-in-law has red hair lol.

AshleyJones

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
Almost done, the plants get here today. What does everyone think? Is there anything I should add or change?

IMAG0597.jpg
IMAG0598.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Ashley that is really nice. Be sure to post some pics when the greens are growing. Oso will be very happy in there.

AshleyJones

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
DesertGrandma said:
Ashley that is really nice. Be sure to post some pics when the greens are growing. Oso will be very happy in there.

I will make sure to do that, I'm hoping I can get them to grow since I do live in AZ and its JULY lol.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
The only thing I would add is to keep an eye on the sun and make sure there is always some shade. At high noon, here in Phoenix, my enclosure is in full sun and it can be really hot. My husband made an additional cover of 80% shade cloth so I can shade part of it when necessary. Just a little extra protection from the heat. :cool:

AshleyJones

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
DesertGrandma said:
The only thing I would add is to keep an eye on the sun and make sure there is always some shade. At high noon, here in Phoenix, my enclosure is in full sun and it can be really hot. My husband made an additional cover of 80% shade cloth so I can shade part of it when necessary. Just a little extra protection from the heat. :cool:

Thats a good idea, I will look around and see what I can find. Thank you!

Brooke

5 Year Member
AshleyJones said:
Almost done, the plants get here today. What does everyone think? Is there anything I should add or change?
Looks great and I am so happy to see the hardware cloth on top so that Oso is 100% safe. :D

AshleyJones

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
Oh it was just extra board that we had from building the enclosure so we just put it up for shade.

AshleyJones

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
I'm actually very surprised by the seed I put down, it is already growing and coming in really good. I just put in down on Friday night!!

Status
Not open for further replies.