Star tortoise urinate problem

Dipu0076

Location (City and/or State)
Porbandar
Hi i have a star tortoise.. Since 2 days i notice my tortoise feels like pain while urinate. When she pees she closes her eyes which is like same she does while she pass the poop. Looks Like its painful or she has to do the pressure which she does while she passes poop. I am worried about her.

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Hi i have a star tortoise.. Since 2 days i notice my tortoise feels like pain while urinate. When she pees she closes her eyes which is like same she does while she pass the poop. Looks Like its painful or she has to do the pressure which she does while she passes poop. I am worried about her.
I don’t think you have anything to worry about, your tort is fully concentrated on doing the deed:).

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Incase she is having problems be sure to keep her well hydrated, soak daily in large tub for lots of moving space and feed her some watery foods like cucumber, lettuce, etc along with her normal foods. Feed the watery foods only once daily until you see she s no longer straining. If she stops eating it moving around a lot then a vet visit may be needed to get an xray for stones