Star temperature and humidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnreuk

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hampshire, England, UK
Just wandering what temps and humidity other people keep their stars at.
My little Sheldon (see previous post) has a basking spot of around 33-35C, warm end 28-30C and cool end 23-24C, night time temperatures around 25C, lowest is 23.5C in the very corner farthest from my reptile radiator.
Humidity is around 50% cool end and 60% warm end, and he has a humid hide at 26C and 85% humidity..... not that I have EVER seen him go in it.
I think need to change the humid hide so its more appealing to him.

Thanks everyone, hope you're all having a great weekend!
:D

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I keep my indians/burmese around 30% humidity or whatever is ambient, I will spray them down 2-3 times a week. My sri lankens however I spray them daily and keep them a little more humid in the 50% range. temps around 90 degrees sometimes warmer.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
at night time they will go down to high 70's sometimes mid 70's in the winter. They seem to have a nice wide range of comfort.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
My temperatures and humidity are almost exactly the same as yours. I keep the basking spot a little warmer at around 38C.

tortadise said:
They seem to have a nice wide range of comfort.

This has been my observation too. I've noticed they are most active in the 90F - 100F (32C - 37C) range, but they are still moderately active in temperatures widely above or below that.

Status
Not open for further replies.