Squeeking Hermann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshine

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hello everyone,

I'm a new mum to an abadoned Hermann (approx 9 months) first vet appointment on Monday to give him the once over. All seems well so far, he's eating well, has a smooth shell, sleeping well, basking for most of the day and having a little wander every now and again.

I was just wondering is it normal for Hermanns to make a squeeking sound every now and again? Sometimes it' sounds his beak tapping together..

This forum is great am finding it so useful!

Many thanks
Helen & Herbie ;-)

Paige Lewis

5 Year Member
Swansea, UK
Well it is good that he is eating, does he have any liquid coming from his nose or any bubbles? Is the noise when he is eating? My hermanns used to make a clicking noise but i think it was due to dust irritating his airways as it would stop as soon as i bathed him and now i make sure his substrate doesn't get too dry. It is good you have a vet appointment, is it with a herp vet? Welcome to the forum!

Sunshine

5 Year Member
UK
Thanks Paige!
His eyes are clear and there's no liquid coming from his nose, it just seems every now and again I can hear it. He has sneezed a few times too.
I found him on Monday and I can't be sure how long he's been lost for, it's been quite cold here at the moment (below 17 degrees) esp at night.
Can they get colds?

Paige Lewis

5 Year Member
Swansea, UK
They can get respiratory infections and its nothing like what a human would get, it can be dangerous as if left untreated it can develop into pneumonia but he would have a runny nose, be lethargic and i doubt would be eating. I would make sure you keep him warm round the clock for now, what are you using as substrate? I wouldn't worry for now though as you have a vet appointment monday and his eyes and nose are clear and he is eating. The cold weather has probably done it, it may clear up on its own with him kept warm and i am sure the vet will be able to help you, i am sure he will be fine, he is lucky to have you.

Sunshine

5 Year Member
UK
Thanks so much for the advice Paige! He's not squeeked now since Saturday and I had in the garden yesterday and he was a happy little man running around full of beans. Vet appointment today so will let you know if there's any news.

Status
Not open for further replies.