Spring Mix

MatthewMTB

Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
Hi, so I recently got my Russian tortoise and I was wondering if spring mix is good to give her (besides the spinach which I would take out)
Would this be okay with out the spinach? Thanks!

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Among many other diet items spring mix, even with the spinach is an okay diet item. Spring mix as a sole diet, even though it is a mix of a few greens is not enough.

The number of posts here on TFO that indicate what a wide range is, truly numbers in the 1,000's, please take a look around and read some of them.

Welcome to TFO, you found the right place to talk tortoise.

Reactions: Tom

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

MatthewMTB

Pennsylvania
Among many other diet items spring mix, even with the spinach is an okay diet item. Spring mix as a sole diet, even though it is a mix of a few greens is not enough.

The number of posts here on TFO that indicate what a wide range is, truly numbers in the 1,000's, please take a look around and read some of them.

Welcome to TFO, you found the right place to talk tortoise.
Okay, thanks! I was wondering about that kind because sadly, it’s winter and types of weeds are very scarce where I live currently

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Okay, thanks! I was wondering about that kind because sadly, it’s winter and types of weeds are very scarce where I live currently
Many grocery stores carry, #1 first choice Escarole/chicory, and also romaine, kales (darker colored ones for the aesthetic of it), dandelion greens, arugula (rocket), etc.

If you're near Philly there are a few location of a place called "Produce Junction" and they carry a wide range of greens at near wholesale prices. Aldi has an ever widening array of organics. If there are an grocery stores selling to Asian food market, then the choices go way up.

There are a few threads here where folks have detailed out how to overwinter weeds one way or another, drying, freezing, etc.

And I sell some of that stuff in my online store where I also post special prices for TFO members.

https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threa...lem-keep-variety-high-reasons-and-how.171867/

There are over 100,000 posts on TFO, and some has no bearing on tortoise care etc. It can be overwhelming to look through it all. But there are diet specific threads.