Spring Mix?

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Newport Coast, CA
They do come in big bags; you're right.

As the owner of a small tortoise, you have to make a decision. Are *you* going to start eating more lettuce or are you going to throw some away? Your tortoise can't eat all of it before it goes bad. :)

You can use some spring but the diet needs to be more varied than that; it doesn't have enough calcium or fiber.

You've got some good options available to you at the market, you'll probably have to accept that some food will go to waste to feed your tortoise a more balanced diet.

Ruby bigley

Liverpool
I am planning to get spring mix for my leopard tortoise hatchlings.

I was wondering if they could eat everything in the mix

i googled what was in spring mix:

What’s inside:Baby Green Romaine Lettuce, Baby Red Romaine Lettuce, Tango Lettuce, Baby Green Oak Lettuce, Baby Red Oak Lettuce, Lolla Rosa, Baby Green Leaf Lettuce, Baby Red Leaf Lettuce, Baby Green Butter Lettuce, Baby Red Butter Lettuce, Red Swiss Chard, Mizuna, Tatsoi, Baby Spinach, Arugula, Frisee, Raddichio, Ingredients May Vary.

I only checked one of them which was arugula and it said to not feed to much or it might cause goiters or something....

So can I feed spring mix everyday to my tortoises or do i have to take out something everytime?

Attachments

• 698BC3E6-945E-433F-BB17-343965BC65C3.png
    698BC3E6-945E-433F-BB17-343965BC65C3.png
    155.1 KB · Views: 1

Ruby bigley

Liverpool
I am planning to get spring mix for my leopard tortoise hatchlings.

I was wondering if they could eat everything in the mix

i googled what was in spring mix:

What’s inside:Baby Green Romaine Lettuce, Baby Red Romaine Lettuce, Tango Lettuce, Baby Green Oak Lettuce, Baby Red Oak Lettuce, Lolla Rosa, Baby Green Leaf Lettuce, Baby Red Leaf Lettuce, Baby Green Butter Lettuce, Baby Red Butter Lettuce, Red Swiss Chard, Mizuna, Tatsoi, Baby Spinach, Arugula, Frisee, Raddichio, Ingredients May Vary.

I only checked one of them which was arugula and it said to not feed to much or it might cause goiters or something....

So can I feed spring mix everyday to my tortoises or do i have to take out something everytime?
I saw that photo what I uploaded before and most of them are in it but to be certain I would look through it also off the top of my head a good handful of them are fine 🐢🥰