spotted turtles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saloli

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
middle river
does anyone have spotted turtles? what is their terrarium set up like? and what do you feed them? i'n trying to get ideas for Spott

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
If I'm thinking right spotted stay in water a lot more than land and I think a 20 gallon long should do it. But do have land for them and also they stay generally small but anyways don't quote me on this because I'm tired and had a rough day. Message me if you need help with them I'm good with all water turtle Thank the LORD :) they are pretty turtle and good luck

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
A 20 gal is too small. You want at least a 50. They're an active and inquisitive turtle.Keep the water shallow as they're not the best swimmers. Also, the water should be heavily vegetated with logs/rocks that they can cling and climb on to. They're also prone to fungus so you'll have to tinker with the ph to get it just right. When I had my group of 2.5 they were kept outdoors, year round. I did not hibernate them indoors. They thrive better outdoors. Also, know your state laws. They're protected in many states.

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV
Ok well that's the wrong turtle I'm thinking of so I'm sorry for the misinformation I have sent I was thinking of a different turtle.
Sorry I finally realized what I was thinking. I was thinking of a Reeves turtle so my fault and sorry about the mix up.

Saloli

5 Year Member
middle river
I know the basic information I am looking for ways to recreat their natural habitat. I have had Spott for about 6 months now. I know about their care requirements indoors. I also know a good deal about them in the wild. I have caught them before in my study areas. I'm trying to find a good wayto make tussaks without actually having the grass and sedges that make them. any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.