SPOTTED AGAIN...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Boston
Nice looking spotteds. I have a 3.15 group myself I'll need to get some pics of.

Saloli

5 Year Member
middle river
jareeed2 said:
Heres my spotted turtle.. I also have redfoots

your spotted is a female

I've seen and caught several over the years. Though they are more common here then the norther red bellied cooter they are harder to spot sort of like mud turtles.

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
I'ld give ya a call Terry but the phone to me is like cryptonite to superman..If I use more than 5mins. a month I'ld be shocked.

I'll send ya a cpl. babies(females) in the Spring if you want some "new blood" to add to your group.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
zzzdanz said:
I'ld give ya a call Terry but the phone to me is like cryptonite to superman..If I use more than 5mins. a month I'ld be shocked.

I'll send ya a cpl. babies(females) in the Spring if you want some "new blood" to add to your group.

Fair enough Dan.. will PM/Email you again...

You know it.. THANK YOU for your consideration - traditionally those New England [ not knowing the origin of yours ] spotteds have many small spots/flecks.

{ Keith B - one of his N.E. males }
1keithspot2.jpg

Show us yours if you would please.. adults, etc.!?

Out to take a few more pics now..................

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
I just lost an identical male to that 1!...I have another 1, his brother, but losing him sucked. I'll get some pics up for ya.

I have a huge wild population in my back yard (no, I didn't get mine from out there) I have the females laying in the yard every Spring. It's a very special thing that I would never dream of messing with.

No worries Terry, the next 2 that hatch have your name on them.

Check these out...not mine

HypoPASTELspotMIDDLE.jpg

CaramelSPOTTEDtwo.jpg

CaramelSPOTTEDone.jpg

Some pics of some of mine I had saved on here..

DSC01262.jpg

DSC01271.jpg

Here's a male I bought from someone who had him posted as *show quality*..
but this is what I got.

sick3.jpg

sick2.jpg

sickspotted1.jpg

looks like a coon or dog was use'n him as a chew toy. He's not pretty, but he's 100% happy and healthy now.

Got red spots?

redspots2.jpg

a very cool wild male that was cutting thru the yard. I had to wet him so ya could see the spots,otherwise he looked jet black.

Here's a wild female digging outback

wildspotted3.jpg

wildspotted.jpg

wildspotted2.jpg

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
YEAH!!!.. I know exactly what you are saying.. he was locked-up with his favorite female for days the fall before he didn't make it out of "hibernation".. will always wonder if he got too cold or whatever - the first time I "hibernated" any.. although all of the others made thru just fine..

1SpotLOVE.jpg

He was all male -

DSC00987.jpg

I would put these two together among the females to stir up the 'juices'.. it worked!!!

Great pics.... have seen only one other "red" spots before.. don't recall seeing those "morphs".. almost looks like a 'cross' with Asian POND -

IVMM.jpg

Yellowcuties2.jpg

LittleYELLOW4.jpg

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
I just found him laying up on the land area they have and he was real lethargic..I tossed him in the incubator to get him warmed up but he was to far gone.

I had a nasty virus/cold go thru my group a cpl yrs ago and lost 4...That's a big vet bill when you need to treat 20+ turtles.1 day they all seem fine and the next all hell broke lose.

1 of those I lost was a huge female who laid 5 eggs at a time 4 times a year.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Another reason I stepped away until recently Dan.. they can be 'challenging' at times!

----------------------------------------------

Stirred up the water earlier and changed the filter material in the filter - they got really shy.. proby because of all the activity! Were difficult to "pic"!

What a funny face -

funnyface.jpg

It took awhile to get the cork-bark together ( not real easy to find what I was looking for ).. they love to bask upon it -

abouttobask.jpg

And again -

SPOTonCork.jpg

When I went out to lock-up the water had cleared up so I'll get good pics in the morning.....

Status
Not open for further replies.