Spot the Terrapin

DoubleD1996!

Location (City and/or State)
Memphis
I'll give you a hint. Diamondback terrapin are known to burrow in marsh embankment to brumate.

Attachments

• 20220228_122918.jpg
    20220228_122918.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I'll give you a hint. Diamondback terrapin are known to burrow in marsh embankment to brumate.
Found her. They are fascinating animals. When I was young they were very common at Pt Lookout Maryland. It was nothing to find them in a crab pot every day. And the hatchlings could be found in the reeds that grew in the tidal creeks off the Chesapeake Bay at low tide above the water line. A lot has changed since the 1950s though.

DoubleD1996!

Memphis
Found her. They are fascinating animals. When I was young they were very common at Pt Lookout Maryland. It was nothing to find them in a crab pot every day. And the hatchlings could be found in the reeds that grew in the tidal creeks off the Chesapeake Bay at low tide above the water line. A lot has changed since the 1950s though.
There's actually two🤣. And you're right about that. It's getting harder and harder to see wildlife as time goes on.

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
There's actually two🤣. And you're right about that. It's getting harder and harder to see wildlife as time goes on.
I spotted 2, they blend in pretty good with the falling leaves.