[split] "Wow she's Big" My new Female Russian C/B

Status
Not open for further replies.

grogansilver

5 Year Member
:tort:"Well here are the measurements of her i couldn't get the weight but she is heavy and big! now i just need to find a Male that will mate with her! I do have a Male but he's only 4" I think he needs to grow a little :D :tort:

:tort: I like her a lot But to be Honest with Everyone she a little too Big if some one wants to trade for Pancakes! Id Be willing to except at least 1.3 Pancakes for Her! the truth is you just don't see Russian Tortoise Females this Big around and shes C/B for a fact! Hey any body Interested send me a private Message lets talk! :tort:

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
RE: "Wow she's Big" My new Female Russian C/B

To bad you weren't on the west coast, I got a proven male breeder.

grogansilver

5 Year Member
RE: "Wow she's Big" My new Female Russian C/B

DolanKoops said:
Wow that's lovely I hope my two Russians get that back!! What happened to your pancakes
:tort: I Have my Pancakes all 2.4 of them and their doing great! hopefully with this Female Russian i can trade her and get more Pancakes other wise ill have to buy a large Male and start Breeding Her! she's awesome never seen one this big and very well taken care of! the lady just decided to sell her, so i bought her! now who ever wants to make baby Russians Well Here she is! :tort:

DolanKoops

5 Year Member
RE: [split] "Wow she's Big" My new Female Russian C/B

Lol so cute wish I could have her she's too big for my enclosure anyways have you tried breeding your pancakes? I defenately want one in the future

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
SulcataSquirt said:
How much would you sell her for??

Yes, I'm wondering the same. I don't exactly have pancakes to trade for her (unless you'll take the food kind, LOL!), but, if you're asking a reasonable cash price and still have her a couple months from now (can't get anymore torts right now), I'd be very interested!

grogansilver

5 Year Member
Floof said:
SulcataSquirt said:
How much would you sell her for??

Yes, I'm wondering the same. I don't exactly have pancakes to trade for her (unless you'll take the food kind, LOL!), but, if you're asking a reasonable cash price and still have her a couple months from now (can't get anymore torts right now), I'd be very interested!
:tort: unless some one comes up with pancakes she wont be sold for what I'm asking for her which is $550.00 and that amount would be to get me a pair of pancakes and a baby pancake which is now being offered for sale! Hey what it comes down to is i keep and Breed her and sell the Babies to get more Pancakes which believe it or not i already have a buyer if she Does lays eggs! :tort: My Wife already is offering to buy me a male to Breed with her!

grogansilver

5 Year Member
Floof said:
Ah... Darn. That's $400 or so out of my price range. :p Fair enough. Good luck.
:tort: Hey you never know Floof go to pet co or Pet smart you might just find one this big there for that amount what do you think? Nahh!!! :D I got lucky when i got Her it was a cheap tortoise which wound up being a diamond that nobody wanted any more or i should say they couldn't keep! but Dam when my wife Brought her home because i didn't even see a picture of her i couldn't Believe what was in the Box! I'm a Pancake Man not really a big Russian Fan. i mean i do have my couple of little guys ( Russians) i have but when i saw this i was like they grow this big my God? to my wife i said Hey you should of seen the look on my face then. :tort:

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I did once see a nice female that looked to be 6" at Petsmart, and she was even on sale. That's the one and only time I've ever seen such a big female at a pet store, though--normally they're 4.5" MAX and/or male--and wouldn't you know it? It was the one time that there would be no way I could get her! I'll be hunting Craigslist and pet stores religiously once I'm settled back down and have a steady income to call my own again, but I doubt I'll ever get as lucky as you did with this girl!

grogansilver

5 Year Member
Floof said:
I did once see a nice female that looked to be 6" at Petsmart, and she was even on sale. That's the one and only time I've ever seen such a big female at a pet store, though--normally they're 4.5" MAX and/or male--and wouldn't you know it? It was the one time that there would be no way I could get her! I'll be hunting Craigslist and pet stores religiously once I'm settled back down and have a steady income to call my own again, but I doubt I'll ever get as lucky as you did with this girl!
:tort: Hey Floof you want to here something funny my wife wants me to keep her and she says she will buy me a big Male for my Birthday this way i can Breed Her! like i know how or what to do in Breeding! one guy told me put her and him the male in some Dirt put them in the closet where the temps are low but not to cold and let them sleep! then take them out in a month and a half just before spring put them into the outside pen and their wake up and mate and she lay fertile eggs. what do you think about that? :tort:

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Sounds like you've made a tortoise lover out of your wife, too! I've never bred Russians, so I really can't say. If you do decide to brumate (what I think the guy you spoke to was trying to describe), make sure you do it right--if they're too warm, you won't do any real good and will only really risk harming them. I'm sure you can find some great information on how to go about brumation the correct way if you do a search.

I know I've heard of people having breeding success with Russians without brumating. That's what I'm going to try at least the first few years while my girls get some good size on them. Both are about 6" so probably a bit too small/immature to produce eggs yet, anyway.

grogansilver

5 Year Member
Floof said:
Sounds like you've made a tortoise lover out of your wife, too! I've never bred Russians, so I really can't say. If you do decide to brumate (what I think the guy you spoke to was trying to describe), make sure you do it right--if they're too warm, you won't do any real good and will only really risk harming them. I'm sure you can find some great information on how to go about brumation the correct way if you do a search.

I know I've heard of people having breeding success with Russians without brumating. That's what I'm going to try at least the first few years while my girls get some good size on them. Both are about 6" so probably a bit too small/immature to produce eggs yet, anyway.
:tort: yeah maybe your right I'm probably going to go your way! i don't think i have it in Me to stick an animal in a box and stick it in the closet i find that inhumane cruel! hay ill get the male Russian and let nature take its course if its meant to happen it will! see thats why i like the Pancakes no Hibernation involved hey once in a while out pops an egg with them! :tort:

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
The only other thing with Russians (and some other torts), is having one male and one female can be very hard on the female over time, if the male is constantly harassing her. That's why people recommend one male to three females. If she is bothered a lot, she may hide all of the time, then you won't have eggs at all...
She is a nice looking tort, tho

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Personally I keep my males and females separate, less stressful on the females, and then I introduce them during breeding time.

grogansilver

5 Year Member
dmmj said:
Personally I keep my males and females separate, less stressful on the females, and then I introduce them during breeding time.
:tort: dmmj do you get eggs? or i should ask do you hibernate them!:tort:

:tort: Here's my group of Russians i have now, their all C/B! and included in the picture is the big female! 1.1 plus my little guy rocky which i believe he's a male! can that male Breed with that big Russian? and im not talking about little rocky now. i think he's the one on the right the Male. :tort:

ForestExotics

10 Year Member!
USA
RE: [split] "Wow she's Big" My new Female Russian C/B

I got my 7 inch female from Petco for $50 bucks a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.