[split] Hi! It's me, the Happy Herper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Tortoise

5 Year Member
Hi! It's me! The happy herper that lives in the South! I used to have a very shy and loud leapard gecko. Then when it died 6 months later (my brother's cat was on the loose. I blame myself for leaving the screen lid off.) After that I took a break and a few days ago I aquired a male Russian Tortoise that I didn't name yet ^.^ My dad said I should start a breeding project. I'm thinking about it. Nice to meet you all! :tort:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Happy Tortoise:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Forum etiquette says that when you aren't responding to the original poster's thread, you should start your own thread. So I made your introductory post a stand-alone thread. This way you don't hi-jack the other person's thread, and more people will realize that you're a new member saying hello.

Steppe tortoises (russians) are pretty nice little tortoises. I'd love to see pictures of your new steppe tortoise and where you keep him. Just be advised, its best, when thinking of a breeding program, that you keep them outside. You really can't have a big enough habitat indoors and the male will pester the female too much.

May we know your name? And where-abouts in the south (appx.) are you?

Happy Tortoise

5 Year Member
Introduction

Hello! I am a happy Georgian herper. I used to have a Leopard gecko, caught green anoles in the yard, catch the skinks that creep into the house but have never had a tortoise before. I have a male russian tort that i aquired from Petsmart. Hi guys nice to meet you all!

Happy Tortiose :tort:

Status
Not open for further replies.