Spider ID?

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
I think it’s just an orb weaver, but if anyone is better at this than Dr. Google, I would appreciate it.

About an inch to an inch and a half long makes it’s huge web at night and it’s gone in the morning. Inconveniently sits in the middle of its nest, pretty much exactly my eye level and on the main pathway of my backyard. 8-(

Attachments

• IMG_7341.jpeg
    IMG_7341.jpeg
    856.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7336.jpeg
    IMG_7336.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 1

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Its amazing how big their web is every night only to be gone by morning!
So, what do they do with the web?
Do they build in the same place the next night?
I hate spiders. I try to leave the ones outside alone, but if they enter my living space, they are dead.
I have a big spider that may be the same as the one pictured. It built its web over my hot tub accessories. Hopefully he moves on before I need to get too them

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
I don't know, but I know they aren't there (usually) in the morning, b/c this web is right in the path I take to Fezzik's enclosure.

BTW attached is a photo I took when I was backpacking in Africa. This was in Uganda and these spiders were about the length of my hand. You could just walk right into them if you weren't paying attention...

Attachments

• 1170930559_7048012305_o.jpg
    1170930559_7048012305_o.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
And well 😁... I use some spiders that hang out around my house for bug hunting. I hate flies in my house but certain spiders love to eat them.Sooo Those get to stay unless they start being obnoxious . I have my ways 😉😁