sphagnum moss from tractor supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

teq1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Hey guys. So I was about to drive out from the tractor supply parking lot, when I noticed huge bags outside that said Greensmix Sphagnum Moss. Has anyone used this for their torts? Is it silimar to New Zealand sphagnum moss? That huge bag was only $10.

I was also checking out the aspen but I didn't find any shredded kind. They only had the chipped one. They have another tractor supply in a nearby city so I'm going to go check that out tomorrow to see if they have any shredded kind. I hope they do!

teq1

5 Year Member
Texas
ALDABRAMAN said:
I like tractor supply, have never seen that moss.

Really? I saw it outside. Maybe it was peat moss because I tried searching for it but only peat sphagnum moss came up. I've heard also that they sell shredded aspen but I have yet to see any :( Do they really sell the shredded kind? If so, what size is it and how much? I've only seen the chunk aspen but I like the shredded better for my Egyptians.

teq1

5 Year Member
Texas
Laura said:
is it the kind of moss people use in hanging planters?

I think it is. I bought once New Zealand sphagnum moss from carolina pet supply but it's a little expensive for me right now. So I wanted to see if this sphagnum moss at tractor supply was the same.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Check to see if any bags have rips in them, so you can see what is inside. The big bags of moss sold like that here are ground up to like add to flower beds, not the long strand (which I am assuming is what your really wanting).

Status
Not open for further replies.