Spekes...

juli11

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Europe
Thank you! Hopefully the two others will hatch too. Next days will show if it's healthy and active!

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
You mean temperature/humidity?
I breed between 28-30 degrees Celsius and a constant humidity of 80%. But without "night temperature". So temperature was constant.
Do you breed your homeana with night temperature? I think that's the reason why the spekes have a bigger yolk sac.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
You mean temperature/humidity?
I breed between 28-30 degrees Celsius and a constant humidity of 80%. But without "night temperature". So temperature was constant.
Do you breed your homeana with night temperature? I think that's the reason why the spekes have a bigger yolk sac.
What substrate are the eggs in?

Mine dropped at night with ambient room temperature, the latest eggs are at a constant 29°c. I'll see what happens.

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
What substrate are the eggs in?

Mine dropped at night with ambient room temperature, the latest eggs are at a constant 29°c. I'll see what happens.

They were in raw vermiculite. Did your homeanas had a big yolk sac? Do you have a picture?

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
They were in raw vermiculite. Did your homeanas had a big yolk sac? Do you have a picture?
I think I have photos at home on computer. I will get photos later.
The egg sacks were absorbed within 24 hours. Comparing them to my redfoots, the yolk sack was smaller and more transparent in colour, not as yellow as the redfoots yolk sack.

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Yes the sac was inside 24 hours! And yes it's really pink!

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1465404193.761056.jpg
First soak for the first
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1465404228.978811.jpg
Other both have to wait in incubator
Looks funny one is really dark and the other really bright :D the first one is anywhere in the middle :D

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
What temp did you incubate at? Humidity? How many days?.

I incubate them at 28-30 degrees Celsius and 80% humidity. I don't know how long they needed. I found the eggs in a random situation. But I think between 6-8 months