Species of Florida turtle?

dd33

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
All so cute. I hope it's not a wild caught? Cuz you know if it is, it needs to be put back.
You can collect one Florida softshell turtle per day in Florida except during the months of May, June and July. If you were so inclined. They are always the nastiest turtle I help off the road.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You can collect one Florida softshell turtle per day in Florida except during the months of May, June and July. If you were so inclined. They are always the nastiest turtle I help off the road.
Turtles and tortoises should never be taken from the wild! I dont give a darn what the laws, usually written by animal clueless, say. There is enough now to be CB and to help save any that may become endangered or for enthusiasts to purchase.
Shame on anyone taking from the wild now days, unless they are not native and are a nuisance invader.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
You are correct, they do have a attribute. Really not sure someone would want to keep one. I guess if I had a pond outside.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Wherever it was found if you looked around closely you'd probably find a bunch more. They have big clutches and usually hatch at the same time. I found 27 of them once while fishing.
Ok thanks, I was kind of puzzled with this one. There really isn't any water nearby. I couldn't imagine the mother traveling very far to lay the eggs.