Southern painted size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamlikesbananas

5 Year Member
I was thinking of getting a southern painted and i need to know the size. Btw if i dont get a painted i will get a red bellied mississippi mud turtle.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
The southern painted is the smallest of the Chrysemys turtles. They are great beginner turtles. For exact sizes, especially for common stuff, just google them. Different sites will have conflicting info most of the time, but the numbers should be close enough to always know exactly what you'd be dealing with. Good luck!

adamlikesbananas

5 Year Member
Anthony P said:
The southern painted is the smallest of the Chrysemys turtles. They are great beginner turtles. For exact sizes, especially for common stuff, just google them. Different sites will have conflicting info most of the time, but the numbers should be close enough to always know exactly what you'd be dealing with. Good luck!

Thank you. Ive decided i will get one as soon as i can find a site with them in stock.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
I've got one and I'm happy with him. I also mix him with a razorback with no problem.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
adamlikesbananas said:
Anthony P said:

Thank you. Ive decided i will get one as soon as i can find a site with them in stock.

There are some on faunaclassifieds right now for 14 dollars each, and are being offered up by Underground Reptiles I think. Their ads don't always show that they know much about what they're selling, but their prices are good most of the time. If you wait a few months of course, you'll be able to get dorsalis directly from great breeders that work with them, like Paul Vander Schouw...

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
Anthony P said:
adamlikesbananas said:
Anthony P said:

There are some on faunaclassifieds right now for 14 dollars each, and are being offered up by Underground Reptiles I think. Their ads don't always show that they know much about what they're selling, but their prices are good most of the time. If you wait a few months of course, you'll be able to get dorsalis directly from great breeders that work with them, like Paul Vander Schouw...

I highly recommend him.

Status
Not open for further replies.