soon to be leopard owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kali

5 Year Member
hello! I'm somewhat new to this forum, I was on it a while back but couldn't remember my name or password. Anyway I'm hoping to get a yearling leopard tort in the beginning of November so figured I would get back on here if I had any new questions, though most have been answered from reading through the threads. I had a hatchling hermans a few years ago that I had aquired with MBD, did all I could for the little guy but unfortunatly he didn't make it. I have been wanting to get another tortoise for a while now, so I'm pretty excited, and this site seems to have some very knowledgable tort owners I can go to if I have any questions. Anyway I dont have a tortoise to post pics of just yet but here is my pride and joy blue tegu Marley :)
Photo0728-1.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello and welcome back. Nice tegu. I've got a red and a b/w.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Be sure to post pictures!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Kali:

Welcome back to the forum!!

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Welcome to the forum!

are you going to get a south african leopard tortoise that is more cold tolerate, gets larger, has a more friendlier and social personality and has a much cooler design on the shell?

just curious... hehe :p

Kali

5 Year Member
Tom- Nice, tegus are the best, mine will be a year next month and is already tame as can be, hes awesome.

Spikethebest- Haha I'm planning on getting a p. babcocki, I live in central california and he needs to be able to tolerate higher temps, and their smaller size is more ideal for me, otherwise I would definatly go with a p. pardalis.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
well both can tolerate the high temps, but yea, sometimes size could be an issue, but thats 10+ years down the line.

Kali

5 Year Member
very true hah, gotta think in the long run though, ya never know where you'll be in ten years. Thats the main reason I'm not goin with a sulcata, that and I love leopards shells.

Crazybirds

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Love the Tegu!!:D Leopard Torts are awesome...you'll love them! (Here's a pic of my baby...GOO GOO!)

Attachments

• Goo Goo Pics 001.JPG
    Goo Goo Pics 001.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 33

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Dannielle, your tegu is great and so is your book collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.