Something seems off with taco

Taco The Tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
St. Catharines
So i feed taco a pretty varied diet but as of late whenever i feed him dandelion greens or collard greens he gets a really wet poop. He never use to when i fed it too him so im not sure why all of a sudden it started happening. If anyone has any ideas or how to fix the problem I am open to any ideas. Thanks :)

NorCal tortoise guy

5 Year Member
Northern California
I would guess not enough fiber. Add fiber to the greens like grass or hay. I like using moistened grass hay pellets. Then things should start to stiffen up

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So i feed taco a pretty varied diet but as of late whenever i feed him dandelion greens or collard greens he gets a really wet poop. He never use to when i fed it too him so im not sure why all of a sudden it started happening. If anyone has any ideas or how to fix the problem I am open to any ideas. Thanks :)
I would run a fecal to eliminate parasites as a possibility.

Next, if you are going to use grocery store greens, you need to amend them with a wide range of stuff to add more fiber and variety. Use either or both types of ZooMed tortoise pellets, either or both types of Mazuri, herbal hay from tortoisesupply.com, a variety of dried leaf offerings from Will @kapidolofarms, and the soaked horse hay pellets that NorCal tortoise guy mentioned.

Taco The Tortoise

St. Catharines
Thanks everyone. And I do feed him a prepared zoomed food 2-3 times a week. When i do his poop is normal but as soon as i switch to a green then it goes back to runny. Also thanks for the recomendations I am buying them all now. It's hard to get some of this stuff in Canada. Hopefully they ship here.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thanks everyone. And I do feed him a prepared zoomed food 2-3 times a week. When i do his poop is normal but as soon as i switch to a green then it goes back to runny. Also thanks for the recomendations I am buying them all now. It's hard to get some of this stuff in Canada. Hopefully they ship here.
Instead of greens one day and ZooMed the next. Mix them both together. Then the tortoise gets the fiber it needs with the greens it likes.

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
You can get some nice flower mixes from KapidoloFarms.com. my torts love their veriety mixes. Just sprinkle some pretty flower petals into their salad and they love it.