Some Questions

Serpentem_Malfoy

Location (City and/or State)
Albilad Alqadeem, Bahrain
Hello
I've heard a lot about this website and it was all true.
I'm a proud owner of a baby greek tortoise, I got him(this will be used since I don't know the gender because it's still young) from a store for a cheap price which will be 26.52 USD, he was put with about 5-6 other tortoises bigger than him and was only fed romaine lettuce.

I plan to upgrade his enclosure, A plastic bin hopefully I can find a non-transparent one, Add:
-Zilla coco husk
-Exo terra coco husk
-Exo terra plantation soil
(maybe) fluker's repti bark
And then plant wheatgrass in a small area and maybe some clover or plantain, And about 2 aloe vera plants and succulents, I would like to know more tortoise safe plants and put a cuttlebone to naturally trim his beak.
He is about 4 inches long.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Hello
I'm a proud owner of a baby greek tortoise, I got him(this will be used since I don't know the gender because it's still young) from a store for a cheap price which will be 26.52 USD, he was put with about 5-6 other tortoises bigger than him and was only fed romaine lettuce.

I plan to upgrade his enclosure, A plastic bin hopefully I can find a non-transparent one, Add:
-Zilla coco husk
-Exo terra coco husk
And then plant wheatgrass in a small area and maybe some clover or plantain, And about 2 aloe vera plants and succulents, I would like to know more tortoise safe plants and put a cuttlebone to naturally trim his beak.

Welcome to the forum. I grow spider plants, Boston fern, and Pothos in my enclosures. All three are fairly easy to grow.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello

-Zilla coco husk
-Exo terra coco husk

You don't need all those different substrates. Just pick one. One that isn't soil.

Nothing wrong with transparent tanks for starting babies. A tub or a tank will be to small for a 4 inch tortoise. At that size they need something at least 3x6 feet of 4x8 feet.

Anything you plant in the enclosure will be eaten or trampled. They aren't grass eaters, so I wouldn't bother with the grass. Plant it in a pot instead and use it to add fiber to grocery store greens, if you are feeding store bought stuff.

Give this a read for the current and correct care info: