Some one answer her please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Louisiana
I just don't know enough to answer her through e-mail. I told her to get on here, but I don't know if she has full computer access.

Found a Sulcata/Herman Question on Craigslist
Sulcata Question (Roseburg)
Date: 2009-08-12, 12:13PM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Anyone out there with a Sulcata Tortiose can you tell me what substrate you use for indoors. I was using Reptilite calcium substrate and I think that's what made my little Hermen sick. I had to take him to the vet this morning and put him on antibiotics for respatory problems he was makeing naseley poping noise off and on. I read on some web site's not to use the sand to use bed a beast or eco earth and mix it with organic top soil. Well I can't find top soil but I did find organic potting soil mix it does have naturel ferterlizer in it and I don't know if thats ok, the vet said don't use eco earth stuff because most of the tortiose's she see's is because it has got stuck in there arm pits and caused infections that were pretty bad, She recomened that fake grass , I worry he could injest this. Anyway I'm not sure what to use any help from someone that has used a substrate for awhile and has done well would be great. And if you know of a web site where I can order a Sulcata Tortiose grass seed mix I would love to do that for him. Thanks Sue

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
janiedough said:
I just don't know enough to answer her through e-mail. I told her to get on here, but I don't know if she has full computer access.

Found a Sulcata/Herman Question on Craigslist
Sulcata Question (Roseburg)
Date: 2009-08-12, 12:13PM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Anyone out there with a Sulcata Tortiose can you tell me what substrate you use for indoors. I was using Reptilite calcium substrate and I think that's what made my little Hermen sick. I had to take him to the vet this morning and put him on antibiotics for respatory problems he was makeing naseley poping noise off and on. I read on some web site's not to use the sand to use bed a beast or eco earth and mix it with organic top soil. Well I can't find top soil but I did find organic potting soil mix it does have naturel ferterlizer in it and I don't know if thats ok, the vet said don't use eco earth stuff because most of the tortiose's she see's is because it has got stuck in there arm pits and caused infections that were pretty bad, She recomened that fake grass , I worry he could injest this. Anyway I'm not sure what to use any help from someone that has used a substrate for awhile and has done well would be great. And if you know of a web site where I can order a Sulcata Tortiose grass seed mix I would love to do that for him. Thanks Sue

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Hi Janiedaugh
I got lots of posts, thanks for your help. I am so glad to have this forum we might all be able to pull together and save Hermen!
TortieGal

M

Maggie Cummings

There are numerous replies to this same post under new Sulcata and sick...

Status
Not open for further replies.