Some GOOD news, for a change!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
I know this belongs on the sea turtles threads, but these days, I'm grateful for ANY good news about turts/torts. I have a sister who lives in Ft. Lauderdale Fla where there is an active sea turtle nest protection group. She sent me a copy of a notice from their country club (which is quite a posh place) warning that there are so many sea turtle nests on the beach there that no lounge chairs are allowed between 7 pm and 9 am. This is so the new nests that are laid during the night can be roped off, so protected from pedestrian beach strolling. Yay!!!

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Thats awesome! :)

I went to Florida a couple years ago to visit family and was fortunate to see turtles come up on the beach to lay their eggs. There were dozens and dozens of turtles. It was amazing! I'm so glad Florida residents look after the nests. :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Well that sure beats the bulldozer routine that we heard about on another thread. :) Doesn't seem like it is all that hard to do, and I would think that it would INCREASE business. I'd love to be on a beach that was covered with sea turtle nests and all roped off. I'd be hanging out every night watching them come in and lay.

Thanks for posting GOOD news.

Status
Not open for further replies.