5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
zone 7b
oct2012055.jpg

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
They're stunning, but what are they? They almost look like some kind of geoemyda hatchling; or at least what I'd imagine one to look like, I've never seen one :).
Gah every time I look at the picture I think I know what they are, but the name is escaping me....

Benjamin

5 Year Member
zone 7b
RedfootsRule said:
They're stunning, but what are they? They almost look like some kind of geoemyda hatchling; or at least what I'd imagine one to look like, I've never seen one :).
Gah every time I look at the picture I think I know what they are, but the name is escaping me....
So what is the other species of geoemyda?;)

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
Benjamin said:
RedfootsRule said:
So what is the other species of geoemyda?;)

See, RedFoots....Ben has stuff even cooler than me and Ant....haha...

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
I'm jealous of you all! :)

Ben, by that, do you mean what I think you mean? No, you can't. My first impression when I saw them was, "Looks just like what I'd imagine geoemyda japonica hatchlings to look like! :)" and then I remembered that they had only a couple of times, to my knowledge, been bred in captivity, so I thought my eyes were deceiving me. Is that really what they are?

Wow, I now feel stupid. I just realized Ben is part of tTR. I wondered why the "Ben" on tTR didn't seem to have a tfo account, or at least I thought they did not, because I thought all members had the tTR logo in their signature :).
Seems two Bens are one....

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Anthony P said:
Oh yes.. That Ben sure is a sneaky fella!!

So are they geoemyda japonica? I've been waiting for 2 days whether or not I can stare at that picture for the next 4 hours until I drown in my drawl or not....:) :)

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Anthony P said:
They do look just like japonica to me...

This is gold Ben. Just not something you see every day man. Such a privilege.

I think he's going to leave us hanging, just staring at those beautiful pictures with no confirmation as to what they are :)...

Benjamin

5 Year Member
zone 7b
RedfootsRule said:
Anthony P said:
They do look just like japonica to me...

This is gold Ben. Just not something you see every day man. Such a privilege.

I think he's going to leave us hanging, just staring at those beautiful pictures with no confirmation as to what they are :)...

Those are geoemyda japonica.

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
(the reason for absence of posting is because I'm still staring at the pictures)
I want more pictures :)! Where did you even find these? I've hardly heard of them being produced in captivity. Do you still have them?

Status
Not open for further replies.