Soaking.

Peyalice

Ok, I've had my Russian girl two full days now. I have soaked her twice, but she hasn't peed or pooped in it once. She poops in her habitat. But never has she urinated or pooped in her water. The first day the water was lukewarm, and the second it was warmer. Is that bad? What should I do?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Not all torts will make business in the soak....only one of the torts here does this....none of the others do...

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
It's hit or miss with my kidlets. Sometimes they do their business outside or on their enclosure. I guess it's whenever the need arises [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Peyalice

Ok. Thank you! So glad it's not bad. I guess as long as she's going she's fine. :)

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Mine save it for the 15 seconds I am holding them and changing their bath water [UNAMUSED FACE] I am convinced they do that on purpose.

Just make sure your bath water isn't too hot. Measure the temp next bath time. What feels lukewarm to us humans can be HOT to tortoises [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Peyalice

Ok. I will make sure the temp is good for her. And yeah she went right after I put her back into her enclosure. Lol gotta love them. Thank you!