Soaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Dakota
After i soak my Leo i spray him off so hes all clean if he poos in the water and just let him air dry :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Me too. I leave them wet and will even come back and spray them to keep them wet longer. Wet is good for their carapace.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
I leave him wet, but place him back under his MVB so he instantly has access to the heat.

doctrin13th

5 Year Member
Philippines
I've been told not to let sulcata under the rain. Do constant wetness cause cold?

chairman

10 Year Member!
Mississippi
A cold, wet sulcata will become a sick sulcata. A hot, wet sulcata should become a healthy sulcata.

I don't let my sulcata stay out in the rain when temps drop below 75* F.

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
After soaking we dry his bottom by setting him on a paper towel right before putting him back in his enclosure. Usually leave the top wet, just dry the bottom so all the coco coir doesn't stick.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
I dry the plastron and limbs but then spray there carapace again and put them under the lamp! :)

M

Maggie Cummings

I towel dry.

doctrin13th said:
I've been told not to let sulcata under the rain. Do constant wetness cause cold?

Normally cold and wet is bad. But now that Bob is the age and size he is I open his doggie door every morning and he is free to come and go as he pleases. He goes out into the cold rain or ice and snow, and when he starts to get too cold he goes back inside. Bob is a mature intelligent being and I trust his judgement to know what is best for himself. He goes out into the ice and snow and tries to find grass or weeds and when he starts to get cold he goes back inside and gets under his basking light. He doesn't get sick, knock on wood. So I think it is all up to the tortoise. Would I allow my adult Hermanni to do the same thing? No, I wouldn't. Bob is over 100 pounds, that matters. I wouldn't allow a small tortoise to do the same thing as Big Bob...

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
I pat dry his plastron so it doest get coir stuck to it but leave carapace wet

Status
Not open for further replies.