SO

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I just happened to look out the window and saw my little Christmas tree (was in a pot several Christmases ago when my grand daughter was visiting and I felt we should get in the spirit) frantically moving back and forth. As it is a nice, calm day, with no wind, I figured I needed to go see what was happening.

SO rubbing the tree 04-04-15.jpg

Luckily for the tree, the roots held and the trunk didn't snap. He was furiously rubbing back and forth on the poor little tree.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I just happened to look out the window and saw my little Christmas tree (was in a pot several Christmases ago when my grand daughter was visiting and I felt we should get in the spirit) frantically moving back and forth. As it is a nice, calm day, with no wind, I figured I needed to go see what was happening.

View attachment 124666

Luckily for the tree, the roots held and the trunk didn't snap. He was furiously rubbing back and forth on the poor little tree.

Hey.....if it feels good, you have to do what you have to do....:p

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
He may try to eat it but found out not that tasty, so he try to knock it down.

Good pic though~~~

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Tractor Supply - my favorite store!!

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Thanks, I like them (TS) also, The one I stop at most carries the Mazuri Koi food plus some other Purina foods but can't seem get the tortoise diets.I will stop in and check the bowl out, it may work better for Walker than the one he uses now.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The square bowl is actually for those square blocks they give cattle and horses. It has holes in the bottom, a feature I'm not real thrilled with because the pellets go out the holes. I bought a 50lb sack of alfalfa/orchard grass pellets, and I keep those bowls full of the pellets at all times. Every Friday they get full bowls of Mazuri Tortoise Diet. Plus they eat the grass and weeds that grow in their yard all the time. There are also several young mulberry trees planted along the front edge of their yard, and they eat the branches they can reach.

Soefianto

Surabaya, East Java - INDONESIA
I just wonder why they like to rub the shell?
Even with my Maxi and Aldo, they knocked down the fish bowl made of large concrete, that is now being used for their drinking pot.
Amazing.. always learn a new thing about them..

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
I don't recall this space at your house, when my girlfriend and I visited. Nice and spacious! Is it closer to the horses? Looking good SO.

mtdavis254817

10 Year Member!
Lol my aldabra will rub her shell on a low hanging rose of Sharon branch in her pen as well.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't recall this space at your house, when my girlfriend and I visited. Nice and spacious! Is it closer to the horses? Looking good SO.

It's right there in the front yard - the whole south side of the driveway.