Scratching her back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destiny

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay, FL
Eleanor was in the middle of her log and a flower pot and was rocking herself back and forth on the flower pot. It was so funny looking. Do they scratch their shells?

Crazybirds

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
My red foot Tater was scratching her shell on the opening of her plastic hut...she was rocking back and forth...it was funny...we were like what is that noise and found her doing that. I even do a little scratch with my hands on her shell she seems to love it! I don't know if they scratch their plastron...anyone know??

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Pio has a "love rock" that he will put his front feet on and rub up and down...up and down.....

elegans

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
LOL "Pio's" love rock is probably nothing more than mas***bation. I have seen this in other tortoises. NBD. Most of my redfoots will respond in a positive way to a very light touch or scratching on their shells. Females more than males in general, but even males seem to come out for Human contact and touch.

artemiss

5 Year Member
I noticed as well that when I scratch my RF, where her 'shoulders' would be, she pushes up with her front legs and rocks back and forth. Im not sure if she likes it or if shes trying to shake me off, but the first time I saw it was pretty funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.