so we went to the vet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
and ernie is bug and worm free! =] he also got weighed and i measured him when i got home..he weighs 320 grams, and is 107 millimeters long. we dont know exactly how old he is, but the vet estimated older than a year but no more than 5 years. i took a look at the growth chart on russiantortoise.org and i think 3 years looks about right for him. anyway, what i really am trying to get at is, do you think he's at the proper weight/length?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
How about posting Ernie's picture for us to have a look at him? I can't help you with your weight question because I never worry about that sort of thing. I pick them up and if they feel like a shell full of water, then far as I'm concerned, they're ok. If they feel like a shell full of air, its time for some intervention, as they're too light.

Glad you have a vet in your area who knows about tortoises. Most of us don't have that available to us. Good that he came away with a clean bill of health!

Yvonne

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
darn. tried to attach picture but theyre too big. i'm using a ps3 right now for internet while my computer gets fixed so i cant resize them right now. might be able to post them from work so keep an eye out =]

Status
Not open for further replies.