So I went to this Reptile Museum

Status
Not open for further replies.

sauronofmordor

5 Year Member
It ended up having a 15 year old Sulcata in it. Its enclosure was like 10' by 3' and had a tile floor. He kept pacing the walls, his shell had pyramiding. I felt awful for him.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Did you happen to ask the keepers more about the setup? Did they take him in with th pyramiding already there? Like does he get time outside? Does he have the things (other then room :( ) that he needs? Did you voice your concerns to them or find out who to voice them to?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Another question would be does he live there 24/7? Maybe he goes home to a nice outdoor pen after hours or on week-ends.

sauronofmordor

5 Year Member
I did a bit. The tortoise gets a soak once a week which seems good, and he gets walks outside. So it seems he gets some care. There is a hideout in the corner.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
sauronofmordor said:
I did a bit. The tortoise gets a soak once a week which seems good, and he gets walks outside. So it seems he gets some care. There is a hideout in the corner.

First of, very proud of you for finding out more information, not just going by what you can see and thinking that is all there is. So his life while not ideal, does have some better things about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.