So how did you react the first time you were flashed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Rocklin, CA
Good grief. I was out showering down Tex and refilling his pool and the dude flashed me. I have never seen him get so tall and the noises he made, oh my goodness. It's one thing to see it on you tube but holy cow in person??? All I could think was "Oh, my Lord!" I don't think I'll be able to get the image out of my brain for a while.

How 'bout you?

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
My wife was screaming "What is that" over and over and she couldn't eat anything for the rest of the day...I was happy he was a male so I ran and grabbed the camera...:D:p

turtletrucker

5 Year Member
Indiana, USA
When my now 15 year old Sulcata, Franklin, first flashed us we were very confused! He was our first tortoise and he was a family pet so we were not really expecting it! We did not know what to do and only after a bit of research really knew what was going on, lol. It was quite a shock though!

turtletrucker

5 Year Member
Indiana, USA
When my now 15 year old Sulcata, Franklin, first flashed us we were very confused! He was our first tortoise and he was a family pet so we were not really expecting it! We did not know what to do and only after a bit of research really knew what was going on, lol. It was quite a shock though!

turtletrucker

5 Year Member
Indiana, USA

turtletrucker

5 Year Member
Indiana, USA

M

Maggie Cummings

Bob was about 7 yrs old I think and he like you said got real tall and was grunting loudly, but I thought he was constipated and was trying to push out a turd. So because I'm not very smart and I was thinking I needed to call the Vet to come I laid down on the grass behind him looking to see if the turd was stuck, when holy cow! Remember the monster in Alien? This snake thing with a big head and an eyeball in the middle came rushing out at me and missed my face by about an inch. It scared me so bad I almost peed myself. Now when I look back I think how stupid and naive I was. But then, I really almost got it right in my face. And that Ladies and Gentlemen, was how I knew Bob was really a Bob.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
I did run in and grabbed the camera in between my "holy crap!" exclamations. Maggie -you just had me in tears laughing because I almost did the same thing. Gimli couldn't figure out why he was behaving that way and then I saw "it". Good grief, it was frightening. If I ever had any doubts, which I didn't, I SURE don't now.

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Southeast Arizona
I am starting to hope Boulder is a girl! However he has quite a tail, so I have a feeling he is a he as I constantly refer to him, lol!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I was 8 years old and I told my Mom that "Thomasena turtle had pooped her guts out!" My mom, the nurse, said a word I didn't know the meaning of (prolapse) and we rushed to the vet. By the time we got there, the "guts" had retracted and this new vet informed us that the pet store was right, the OTHER vet was wrong, and that my box turtle, Thomasena, really was Tommy Turtle after all... then he explained that he had en erector set or something like that...

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Southeast Arizona
Tom said:
I was 8 years old and I told my Mom that "Thomasena turtle had pooped her guts out!" My mom, the nurse, said a word I didn't know the meaning of (prolapse) and we rushed to the vet. By the time we got there, the "guts" had retracted and this new vet informed us that the pet store was right, the OTHER vet was wrong, and that my box turtle, Thomasena, really was Tommy Turtle after all... then he explained that he had en erector set or something like that...

LOL! Love it!:D

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Daisy Lou had passed a few stones so when she started acting funny and sticking her rear in the air and making funny sounds, I thought, "OH CRAP" here we go again and then "it" popped out. I said really loud which brought my entire family running "OMG DAISY LOU HAS A PENIS" my darling son quickly asked where does she keep it, because there is not enough room in her shell for it. I almost peed my pants. So now we have Lou. I think he was tired of us calling him Daisy Lou so he set the record straight. Lou's vet still thinks he is a she, but I know what I saw!!! LOL!!

dustee35

10 Year Member!
your stories almost made me pee my pants I was laughing so hard. I have never seen this phenominon so how big is it and where exactly does it pop out of? That would be quite startling! I guess that would take the mystery out of whether it is a boy or a girl! lol deanna:D[/b]

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
females can erect a certain part of their... "stuff"

Torty Mom said:
Daisy Lou had passed a few stones so when she started acting funny and sticking her rear in the air and making funny sounds, I thought, "OH CRAP" here we go again and then "it" popped out. I said really loud which brought my entire family running "OMG DAISY LOU HAS A PENIS" my darling son quickly asked where does she keep it, because there is not enough room in her shell for it. I almost peed my pants. So now we have Lou. I think he was tired of us calling him Daisy Lou so he set the record straight. Lou's vet still thinks he is a she, but I know what I saw!!! LOL!!

ADVANceNA

5 Year Member
thanks everyone for the great stories on a monday morning !! reading all your stories was a delight and made me look forward to the day i might ind out if einstein is a boy or female. also, it prepares me for what is otherwise a huge surprise (no pun intended =P) happy mondays everyone, good day !

johnnysd

5 Year Member
awwww...you guys are so lucky. i've never been flashed. maybe bc i've only had sullivers travels for 1 month. but still i want to be flashed too:(

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
I Have Never Seen it In Person, But i have Seen Photos and Videos!
Its Crazy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.