Sneezing sounds? Thats new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Maybe, maybe not. Is he otherwise doing okay (eating, drinking, active) and showing no other symptoms like runny nose or close/swollen eyes? Could his enclosure be too dry? Or did you change anything in it? When he sneezed, had he just eaten or drank? Then again, it could just have been an odd sneeze that came out of nowhere and for no real reason. Just keep an eye out for more or other changes.

Of course, when he was at the Vet's perhaps they spoiled him so much, he wants to go back again?

jpmcclure

5 Year Member
Modesto (Northern) California
Haha jacqui. I hope not. The only new thing in his cage is the sulcata grass seed that's now sprouting. He's eating fine, grazing fine, securing his perimeter fine. Very active. Just 6 sneezes almost in a row. Well 2 at first then 4 a few minutes or so later. He hasn't been letting me clean his face lately at his evening shower. Oh yeah and he ate his first hibiscus 2 days ago I believe. Those are the only 3 different things I can think of. But he's got no discharge and is still his normal self. I'll keep an eye out to see if he gets anymore symptoms. I never knew they sneezed.

Oh and his enclosure is pretty moist. Definitely not dry. Eyes good. All else seems good.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am really pretty sure it was nothing to worry about. Glad to hear he is doing so well!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.