Slowed eating and still GROWING

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptylefreek

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Seatac, Washington
So Marlin is slowing his eating a little but I weigh him every week and he's gaining about ten grams a week! I know slow growth is good so is this normal. He's only about 9months old and a sulcata. Is his growth now gonna be steadily ten grams a week? It used to only be about 6 if that. Dont get me wrong I'm glad he is growing and is apperently healthy but I just wanna know if this is about the age when they start gaining more weight steadily? A couple pictures.

Attachments

• SSPX0324.jpg
    SSPX0324.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 40
  • SSPX0326.jpg
    SSPX0326.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 31

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I think as long as he's gaining weight you're doing well. I also think growth is an individual thing that can't really be generalized very well, but I'll leave that for more experienced keepers to comment. Marlin is adorable!

M

Maggie Cummings

I hope you are not trying so hard for slow growth that you aren't feeding him correctly and enough...

chadk

10 Year Member!
Slow and steady is good.

What are you feeding him? As long as it is a nice wide variety of high fiber greens and calcium suppliments, and he's well hydrated and has good humidity and temps - I wouldn't worry about it too much.

reptylefreek

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Seatac, Washington
I always try different things. I just started putting a little hay in his food and he gets any thing from turnip greens to mustard and collard. Sometimes with a little carrot or squash, maybe a little blueberry. I always try to put as many things in as possible. And I've also just discovered the spring mix so I'll use that as a base from now on and just add. I also let him eat as much as he wants because I can let him outside on a regular basis. He'll actually walk around for two hours straight. So far it's been worry free. I guess I wasnt so worried about his growth just surprised. It's always a surprise to see how fast they grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.