Slight delay in getting my baby...

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
I had planned on picking up my little mud turtle in about 3 weeks when my hubby and I get back from vacation, but instead, it will be more likely in October.
I work out of town during the week and am only home on weekends, so the care of ALL our animals AND the house and garden all falls to my hubby, who already has a full time job as a professional photographer. We had agreed that we would get NO new pets until I'm back home more to share the work. Fair is fair, and I want to keep my word. I retire from State service in mid-October, so the NEW arrival date is October.:)

Although I'm a little disappointed, I'm also a little relieved because now I can research and plan without feeling rushed. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I know how it is to be excited when getting a new turtle/tortoise and how disappointed you must be. But we must keep on the good side of our significant others!!

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
Staying married is ALWAYS beneficial. I have also promised no new pets into the household so I plan to hold off at least until we move...lol

I cannot wait to see photos! I am totally un familiar with mud turtles and cannot wait to learn more through your postings!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
HA! My wife wants to add new pets even faster than me! I'm the one who has to put the brakes on. My daughter just got a new rat, and I just got a new bird. My wife wants a white craven. She wants an owl too, but I gotta finish my falconry apprenticeship first.

Be patient Mooz. WHat's a few more months when they live for decades?