Hiya

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunaLupus

5 Year Member
Hi everyone! I was directed here, so I'll introduce myself.

My hubby and I live right by Chicago and love herps of all shapes and sizes. We currently have 9 snakes of varied species, and I am planning on picking up a sulcata at the Tinley Expo in October. That is why I am here. I want to have as much knowledge as I can before I bring the little guy/girl home.

A bit more about me, I have an 8yr old daughter who is hoping to get the sulcata when I die. lol I work at an outdoor store, and love archery, hiking, and camping.

Other than that, not much to say. If you have any questions for me, let me know. :) Thanks!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello and welcome. So glad you found us ahead of time. Read the links in my signature. Especially "Beginner Mistakes" and "Hatchling Failure Syndrome". Getting a tortoise from the wrong breeder can be a catastrophic mistake. Sadly, most breeders "out there" are still doing it the wrong way and keeping tiny little hatchlings all dry and dehydrated. You might be better off getting your new baby from one of the breeders here on this site. There are many of us here that sell quality, healthy, hydrated, well-started babies.

Good luck. I hope we are able to help you.

LunaLupus

5 Year Member
Thanks Tom! Excellent advice there, and it was much appreciated. I will definitely be doing my research before I buy, just hoping that a good breeder will be at Tinley in October. :) I prefer to meet and handle any reptile before I buy one.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.