Sleeping positions

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
how big is he?
Sapphire is probably 20 years at least. But he's only around 5 or so inches long and wide. He hasn't grown since I got him but his shell did heal. He was maybe 4 or 5 years and wasn't in good shape. I decided not to send him back and demand my money back just take my chances in the hopes I could help the poor little one. That was May 2007. I wish I could have found TFO then. I could have helped him more sooner.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Same, mine is around 5' long and 4.5" wide, and I assume fully grown. Previous owners got him at petsmart about 3 years before I got him (about a year ago), but his shell is banged up, so who knows how old he really is. He seems very content with is lazy lifestyle now

Beanmiester

Exeter
He was probably 4 or 5 in 2007 who knows but he did have a teen look about him. So I figure around 20.
He looks great. Loves his rocks. Gives them a good bit of stimulation, Winnie likes to climb over some partially buried cork bark, until she face plants the floor lol 😒 she’s done that time and time again, you’d think they’d learn 😂

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
these are 2 of my fav sleeping pics of Dozer from when he was younger! One he was knocked out in the bushes after a big mazuri feed. The other I’m guessing he just fell asleep while attempting to burrow 😂

E1931AF8-CC0C-4754-ABF6-7D8576426486.png79D257A1-6A41-40A6-8923-F256D3097EA3.png

Beanmiester

Exeter
these are 2 of my fav sleeping pics of Dozer from when he was younger! One he was knocked out in the bushes after a big mazuri feed. The other I’m guessing he just fell asleep while attempting to burrow 😂

View attachment 356072View attachment 356073
I love those legs! So funny they are truly funny lol things, is he actually asleep in the second photo?? 😂😂😂

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
I love those legs! So funny they are truly funny lol things, is he actually asleep in the second photo?? 😂😂😂
Yes, he’s really asleep in that photo. I walked into his room and saw him like that and thought “oh cool, I can watch him burrow”…but he didn’t move. He was like that for another 30 or 40 minutes before he backed out of his parking spot and walked away. 🤣 He’s quite the character!

Beanmiester

Exeter
Yes, he’s really asleep in that photo. I walked into his room and saw him like that and thought “oh cool, I can watch him burrow”…but he didn’t move. He was like that for another 30 or 40 minutes before he backed out of his parking spot and walked away. 🤣 He’s quite the character!
That’s definitely something I would do, sit and watch but then realise they’ve just done all in interesting stuff and is now just say basking 😒 😂, to funny though!