Sleeping positions

Beanmiester

Location (City and/or State)
Exeter
Does anyone else’s torts sleep in silly positions? My girl loves to sleep on her side literally! Sometimes face down in the dirt with her wee legs sticking out lol I love how she doses and places her head sideways on the floor , soooooo adorable 🥰 (she looks like a turtle when she does this lol)
Any pictures of silly sleeping positions would be great from your torts.

Attachments

• 456F3071-53E0-472A-9C67-09B28EB63B30.jpeg
    456F3071-53E0-472A-9C67-09B28EB63B30.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
  • 1D1827DF-2BE3-4C4B-8CB8-B995E9A1B45C.png
    1D1827DF-2BE3-4C4B-8CB8-B995E9A1B45C.png
    356.1 KB · Views: 20

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My little Russian likes to prop himself sideways on a rock I found at hobby lobby. I figure he's trying to air out his underside. I'll try to get a picture and post. Yours is adorable.😊

Wa
I’ve been wondering about sleeping positions!!! I haven’t seen the sideways yet, that’s pretty cute🖤

Sometimes mine looks like he’s dead or melted out of his shell and I get worried.

Other times he’s got the tort equivalent of the sploot. I never had a tortoise before so I don’t know what’s usual9ED35DC7-D8DB-4AA9-9B8E-4BAD024533D1.jpeg8597A3AD-5CF6-4711-AB19-879A01AE7A4D.jpeg

Beanmiester

Exeter
My little Russian likes to prop himself sideways on a rock I found at hobby lobby. I figure he's trying to air out his underside. I'll try to get a picture and post. Yours is adorable.😊
It’s so strange how they find it comfortable lol it’s as if they don’t care where there legs end up, a pic would be great 😊

Beanmiester

Exeter
I’ve been wondering about sleeping positions!!! I haven’t seen the sideways yet, that’s pretty cute🖤

Sometimes mine looks like he’s dead or melted out of his shell and I get worried.

Other times he’s got the tort equivalent of the sploot. I never had a tortoise before so I don’t know what’s usualView attachment 354692View attachment 354693
I know! She gives me heart attacks daily sleeping like this I think she’s died! And I have to watch her to see if I can see her legs move a tad , they do look like road kill when sleeping , yours is adorable 🥰

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Other times he’s got the tort equivalent of the sploot. I never had a tortoise before so I don’t know what’s usualView attachment 354692View attachment 354693
It's really cute when they use a rock as a pillow too. I really will try to get a picture of some of that stuff. I guess they like that stuff because they are a walking rock.🐢

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Does anyone else’s torts sleep in silly positions? My girl loves to sleep on her side literally! Sometimes face down in the dirt with her wee legs sticking out lol I love how she doses and places her head sideways on the floor , soooooo adorable 🥰 (she looks like a turtle when she does this lol)
Any pictures of silly sleeping positions would be great from your torts.
Oli sleeps in silly positions too. At the beginning he used to scare me.

I'll try to find a pic of him sleeping position.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I know! She gives me heart attacks daily sleeping like this I think she’s died! And I have to watch her to see if I can see her legs move a tad , they do look like road kill when sleeping , yours is adorable 🥰
So true. At times they do give you a fright.

Beanmiester

Exeter
I find mine wedged under the hide or starfished with legs in all directions amd neck fully stretched. I think your providing a safe and secure enclosure when they sleep outstretched also makes you smile 😃
Yes I’ve wondered that, I’m sure in the wild they don’t sleep out in the open like a wee tortie snack for predators lol, I had a hide in for mine but she never used it, and insisted on sleeping out in the open looking like she’s just had a drunken night out and has just flaked wherever 😂

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yes I’ve wondered that, I’m sure in the wild they don’t sleep out in the open like a wee tortie snack for predators lol, I had a hide in for mine but she never used it, and insisted on sleeping out in the open looking like she’s just had a drunken night out and has just flaked wherever 😂
Lol maybe s/he just didn't like the looks of the hide. My little Russian showed me that in no uncertain terms. When I tried to change his to my thoughts of cute he stopped using it 🤣

Beanmiester

Exeter
Lol maybe s/he just didn't like the looks of the hide. My little Russian showed me that in no uncertain terms. When I tried to change his to my thoughts of cute he stopped using it 🤣
True I didn’t think of that, she likes to sleep just left of the heat . She’s a slow roaster lol I love watching her dig lol really flicking the dirt out the way. But then just filling the hole she just dug 😒😂

Beanmiester

Exeter
I find mine wedged under the hide or starfished with legs in all directions amd neck fully stretched. I think your providing a safe and secure enclosure when they sleep outstretched also makes you smile 😃
I love how they place there heads to one side, it just melts my heart how cute it is 🥰

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I watched him sit and stare at it for about 2 hours or longer when I changed it. He kept his neck out looking at it studying 🤣 and then decided to waltz past and sleep beside it for the first time since I got him. Too funny. In tortoise language, "I HATE IT!"😁 Needless to say, all his hides since still look like a little blond wooden hacienda. And I managed to change the first one back right away.😁

Beanmiester

Exeter
Look at them legs, tort yoga, and assume the frog legs position, and relax……and back to the rock position 😂

Attachments

• BE6496E4-AB02-40DF-BF5C-DD6608FD4BE5.jpeg
    BE6496E4-AB02-40DF-BF5C-DD6608FD4BE5.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11