sleeping and eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyRapp

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Columbus, OH
How long does the average juvenile Russian Tortoise rest? Fred came home Saturday, and spends most of his time spent sleeping. He does eat, wow can he eat! Next question, how much should we feed him?

jrholls

5 Year Member
Maine
We feed Bo a handful of greens in the morning, and maybe most of a handful when I get home from work. She seems to get irritated if we don't feed on time :)

Mean Guy

5 Year Member
How do you know it is a Juvenile? Did you find a good captive breeder and if so where? :)

We feed once a day, and try to keep to a good day night schedule as far as lighting is concerned. We have a ceramic heater for the night. I know you probably have poured over this forum and the search like I have, but Sub and lighting are extremely important as I have learned. This forum is great and the people here are knowledgable and helpful as you have seen, so as a new tortoise owner too, you will learn so much from them in a short period of time.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you've just had him since Saturday, then he's still getting used to his new environment. He'll become more active when he gets familiar with his surroundings. Also, do you get him some sunshine or light from a mercury vapor bulb? UVB seems to make them more active.

Status
Not open for further replies.